Module 2: Connect and disconnect charging systems
$105.00 (inc GST)
This module is for anyone working in the bus industry and provides an introduction to the safe process of connecting and disconnecting electricity charging devices to an electric bus, the key safety factors involved in the process, and critical first response actions if an unplanned incident occurs in relation to a vehicle and its charging device.
The module covers how to:
- identify different types of charging devices
- safely position an electric bus in the location for charging
- connect an electric charging device to an electric bus
- disconnect the electric charging device when charging is complete
- safely initiate initial response actions in an emergency whilst a vehicle is charging.
There is no specific legal requirement to undertake mandatory training in connecting and disconnecting electricity charging devices to a vehicle. However, a business or operator may consider it worthwhile to train staff in this and other electric bus training, as part of taking reasonable steps to ensure they and their workers comply with the relevant Workplace Health and Safety laws.
As you work through the module, you have the opportunity to answer questions and progressively check your understanding, followed by a knowledge check quiz at the end.
Duration: 1 hour
Delivery: Online – 6 months access