This course will help employers and workers understand working at heights best practice. It will teach the use of compliant control measures that prevent falls from heights and better identify and control and control falling from height risk… read more
Trial: Preventing falls in construction
$140.00 (inc GST)
Falls from heights are a major cause of death and serious injury in Australian workplaces and are a high risk on most construction sites. When we think of working at heights, the picture that springs to mind is working on the top of a multi-storey building. While this is correct, most serious and fatal falls are from a height of less than 4 metres – so about the height of a single storey. This could be as simple as overbalancing and falling from a ladder, an incomplete scaffold or formwork, or off a balcony or building edge. Falls can also occur at ground level into holes, for example, trenches or service pits.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain who is at risk of falls and who is responsible for safety when working at heights.
- Access, interpret and apply legal, technical and safety information for preventing falls when working at heights.
- Identify onsite hazards, assess falling from height risks and select appropriate control measures.
- Select, inspect, and use suitable fall prevention systems, tools and equipment.
- Communicate issues related to fall risks to the appropriate person on site.
This course is aimed at everyone who works on a construction site.
Duration: 2 hours
Delivery: Online (self-paced)
Access period: 7 days access from the day of enrolment
Proudly developed by SafeWork NSW in collaboration with the Office of the Building Commissioner.
Train your team
Do you have 10 or more staff that need upskilling? Contact us today to purchase multiple licences for this course in one convenient transaction.Enquire