This course aims to provide an employer or supervisor with the skills to provide the appropriate level of supervision for employees. It supports and develops the knowledge and skills of others, and is essential in the construction industry… read more
$140.00 (inc GST)
This course aims to provide the learner, employer or supervisor with the skills to provide the appropriate level of supervision for employees. In NSW, multiple pieces of legislation govern supervision requirements. The main pieces referenced in this training are:
- Home Building Act 1989
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Plumbing and Drainage Act 2011
- Gas and Electricity (Consumer Safety) Act 2017
Supervision is the act or instance of directing, managing, or oversight to ensure the work is correctly carried out and is done in a safe manner. It also supports and develops the knowledge and skills of others, and it is essential in the construction industry (workplace).
A supervisor might be the owner, manager, superintendent, foreman, department head or trainer. It might also be someone who unofficially supervises less experienced workers.
By completing this course, learners will gain the knowledge and skills to be a good supervisor and recognise the benefits of good supervision. You will be able to:
- Recognise and define what adequate supervision looks like and its relationship with employers’ legal obligations
- Lead by example and model best practice behaviour in the workplace
- Monitor and assess workplace practices of supervised workers to ensure quality standards and legislative requirements are met
- Mentor and coach supervised workers, adjusting supervision levels according to individual competence levels
- Communicate effectively, adjusting communication style when required, to accommodate individual needs
- Promote a positive and mentally healthy workplace.
Complete the assessment quiz and the feedback activity to obtain your CPD certificate of completion.
Duration: 2 hours
Delivery: Online (self-paced)
Access period: 6 months access from the day of enrolment
Proudly developed by Building Commission NSW in collaboration with Fair Trading and SafeWork NSW.
Train your team
Do you have 10 or more staff that need upskilling? Contact us today to purchase multiple licences for this course in one convenient transaction.Enquire