This course will help you to confidently plan for future challenges in a financially responsible manner, to enable sustainable growth and resilience… read more
Resilience – Building a business that lasts
$140.00 (inc GST)
The Construction industry generates $367.2 billion in revenue, producing around 9% of Australia’s Gross Domestic Product.
Though Australia’s construction industry has strong overall growth predictions, it is currently being hit with a perfect storm as it weathers rising costs, legacy fixed-price contracts, labour shortages and supply chain issues.
The number of businesses operating in the home building industry fell by 9% in 2022-23, with the industry contracting for the first time in a decade. Most businesses in this industry are either sole traders or very small businesses, employing fewer than 20 people. It is even more apparent now that these businesses need to be more resilient and adapt and evolve to meet market needs.
This course will help you to confidently plan for future challenges in a financially responsible manner, to enable sustainable growth and resilience.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- understand current and future challenges in the building industry
- know what business resilience means and how to make your business resilient
- choose the right business structure for your business
- develop a good business plan to grow your business sustainably
- manage business risks, including shortages, price increases, and industry changes
- identify your customers and market segment
- have the right systems and people in place to manage your business effectively
- understand and manage your financials, contracts and insurance
- develop and maintain key relationships with customers and suppliers
- take care of yourself and your team.
As you work through the course you will have the opportunity to answer some questions and progressively check your understanding. Complete the assessment quiz and the feedback activity to obtain your CPD certificate of completion.
Duration: 2 hours
Delivery: Online (self-paced)
Access period: 6 months access from the day of enrolment
Proudly developed by the Office of the NSW Building Commissioner in partnership with the Housing Industry Association.
Train your team
Do you have 10 or more staff that need upskilling? Contact us today to purchase multiple licences for this course in one convenient transaction.Enquire