The presence of vehicles with Lithium-ion batteries is rapidly growing across NSW. With new technologies come a new set of hazards and risks when the technology fails or is involved in an accident on our roads. Understanding and managing these hazards will help to minimise risks to responders and the community and develop confidence in new technologies.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the key features and types of electric vehicles.
- Identify an electric vehicle at an incident.
- Identify and mitigate hazards and risks at an EV incident.
- Undertake safe rescue operations from an electric vehicle.
- Undertake firefighting operations when an electric vehicle battery is compromised.
- Conduct a vehicle handover to recovery partners.
- Safely recover, transport and store a damaged EVs.