CATEGORY: Construct NSW
Trial: Producing compliant designs
Course Access: 7 days access
In this Construct NSW course, you will learn about the design guidelines. It highlights best practice standards and common pitfalls to look out for when preparing declared designs so that you have a successful audit process. Topics include:
- Understand what a compliant design looks like.
- Understand the requirements in the legislation, design guidelines and Ministerial orders.
- Understand what the types of issues/common faults if you don’t follow the requirements – through the lens of each key building element.
- Understand how to produce a sufficiently detailed design – guidance material.
- Know what a good design looks like with reference to the design guidelines.
- What quality assurance mechanisms can be used to be invested in to get this process right?
- Guidance material about design declarations.
- Understand themes around design integration and the Design Practitioner’s Handbook.
Duration: 2 hours
Delivery: Online – 6 months access