In this Construct NSW course, you will learn about the world of standards and codes, including an overview of the building and plumbing regulatory framework and how it operates in Australia, the responsibilities of Standards Australia… read more
The value of Australian Standards
$140.00 (inc GST)
Are you a Design or Building Practitioner? You must complete this course, and the Navigating the Design and Building Practitioners (DBP) legislation course, before registering as a Design Practitioner or Building Practitioner under new building industry reforms.
Note – this course is not mandatory before registering as a Professional Engineer.
In this Construct NSW course, you will learn about the world of standards and codes, including:
- an overview of the building and plumbing regulatory framework and how it operates in Australia
- the responsibilities of Standards Australia, the Australian Building Codes Board and the NSW government in relation to the National Construction Code
- how and why Australian Standards are used in construction
- the different types of standards that exist
- how Standards are developed
- possible repercussions when not adhering to relevant Australian Standards.
This course is an introductory piece for all members of the construction industry on the importance of Australian Standards and how using them wisely can result in trustworthy buildings. This course explains how standards fit into the complex network of regulation, codes and technical infrastructure in Australia.
Work through the course and complete the assessment quiz to obtain a certificate of completion.
Duration: 2 hours
Delivery: Online – 6 months access
Train your team
Do you have 10 or more staff that need upskilling? Contact us today to purchase multiple licences for this course in one convenient transaction.Enquire