Common Cyber Security Threats and Mitigation Strategies
$100.00 (inc GST)
Learn about cyber security threats including trojans, viruses, and worms, as well as Denial of Service (DOS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks, and mitigation strategies.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn about common cyber security threats and some basic principles on how to mitigate these risks, in both personal and organisational settings.
Before enrolling, it is recommended that you have a basic IT knowledge, including an understanding of terminology and simple networking concepts.
During this course you’ll:
- Explore current trojans, viruses and worms
- Learn methods of Denial of Service (DOS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks as well as corresponding mitigation strategies
- Explore methods of Domain Name Server (DNS) attacks and corresponding mitigation strategies
- Look at zero-day vulnerabilities
- Find out about common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE’s)
- Learn about heuristics as a methodology for string analysis and their corresponding toolset
- Identify prevention strategies and techniques:
- Dealing with risk
- Cyber security in the cloud
- Stages of a cyber-attack.
Duration: 2 to 3 hours
Delivery: Online – 3 months access
Train your team
Do you have 10 or more staff that need upskilling? Contact us today to purchase multiple licences for this course in one convenient transaction.Enquire